Review “Booked”

BOOK REVIEW

“Booked” of Kwame Alexander

This book is a novel that follows the jouney of a young boy named Nick Hall. Nick is passionate about soccer and poetry. The story explores his life and the typical challenges of adoloscense, such as love, friendship and academic pressure. When Nick’s parents announce their separations Nick will face the complexities of school life and soccer and poetry become emotional refuge. This book emphasizes the mportance of facing difficulties with determination and appreciating the power of words and relationships. The main characters in Kwame Alexander’s “Booked” include the protagonist, Nick Hall, along with his father, best friend and soccer coach.

The peculiarity of this book is the use of poetic form to tell the story. This poetic form can capture the emotion of the protagonist Nick and helps to create a unique and intense reading experience.

I really liked this book because I identified a little with Nick and his adolescent challenges. Like Nick I too experienced the separation of my parents and for me too football has always been not only a passion and sport but also a refuge. Furthermore I really like the protagonist Nick because I appreciate Nick’s resilience and his personal development that makes him a fantastic character.

I recomend it to everyone expecially to young people because this book shows that sport and friendship can really help to overcome the difficulties of growing up.