Man Made Monsters by Andrea L. Rogers

“If there were more people who cared, who believed in the rights of all living things, maybe the planet could be saved.” 

I created a poster to best show the plotlines of this book. The book is made of several individual stories, so a regular plot summary was not the best choice to properly display this book’s content.

This book was so interesting. There isn’t quite one narrative. The book is split into several different stories that are all connected but also not at the same time. Each story is about someone in the family tree but will have nothing to do with the previous story. This made it hard to really understand the concept of the book as a whole, but I enjoyed it. The stories were all so uniquely enjoyable. I didn’t always understand what was going on, but I thoroughly enjoyed the book. All the stories were about indigenous characters. They were an interesting take on indigenous stories. The book is a collection of stories inspired by old Cherokee stories, but the stories are also horror fantasy stories.

I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for really unique short horror stories. I haven’t read anything quite like it before. I think this book is also good for people looking to read Cherokee stories with a spin. These are not only inspired by Cherokee stories but also by classic horror stories and they range from vampires to zombies to werewolves. Some stories also focus on the monsters of humanity, like domestic violence and suicide, which are also very present. I would also be cautious to read this if you are not a fan of gore. There isn’t a whole lot, but the little bit that is present can be graphic.

YA Horror enjoyers will be delighted by what Andrea L. Rogers has to offer. From stories about vampires to sexual assault to fantastical sea creatures, Man Made Monsters is sure to wow any interested reader. Anyone who is looking for a well-written and wildly entertaining indigenous book will be well satisfied with this one, and I’m sure they would love it as much as I did.