New Moon by Stephenie Meyer

New moon is the second book in the Twilight series, and it starts with the main characters Edward and Bella in the small rainy town of Forks, Washington. Edward and Bella are happy and secure in their relationship but an unforeseen event with Edwards family leads him to believe Bella would live a better life without him. Broken without him Bella fell into a deep depression for months pushing all her friends away, having nightmares etc… After a while of falling into a depression Bella finds herself craving friendship again and attempts to reach back out. Although they were hurt they accepted her back into there circle with ease, and Bella even found herself becoming close friends with someone unexpected. She had taken comfort in hanging out with Jacob Black, a family friend who she could just hangout with without worry. Somehow in the midst of this friendship Bella found herself to be a little bit of a adrenaline junky just to hear Edward’s voice in her head. Bellas new found hobby leads her to make some bad choices that almost change her life for the worst. I think that Stephenie did a really good job on not rushing this book. I felt like we got to know the characters a bit more and was just overall able to relate to the book more. For some reason I really dislike the character Jacob, I just don’t like the way he was written and how he fills in for Edward. I kinda wish that Stephenie had chosen a different path for Bella after the breakup instead of having her run to another guy to fill the void.