Twilight

Twilight by Stephenie Meyer is a romance book with a mix of fantasy. The book follows a young girl in high school and the dangers of love. The story follows Bella Swan the main character of the book and she has just moved to Forks Washington to live with her dad while her mom traveled with her boyfriend. Bella is 17 and a junior in high school, and she hasn’t lived with her dad since she was a baby and her mom and dad divorced.Bella easily makes many friends on her first couple days of school but her main friends were Jessica, Mike, Angela, and Eric. She also became friends with one of her dads friends sons Jacob who lived on the other side of town. On the first day a boy named Edward Cullen caught Bellas eye and ignoring her new friend’s warnings she starts a complicated relationship. I really like this book and I think it’s perfect for kids around the ages of 12-15 as like an introduction to YA. This was one of my favorite and one of the first YA books that I read when I was younger. Some of my favorite things about the book are the way that Stephenie made the book have an aspect of fantasy but also somehow make it realistic. I also like how she added the details of Bellas dad trying as hard as he could to fix there relationship with little things like getting her a new comforter etc… What I didn’t like about the book is how fast paced it was. I feel like the relationship escalated a little fast when she could have added a little more in between them getting together. On the same note I think this makes it a little more realistic to a teenage relationship. I also didn’t like the ending to this book in particular, I feel like she could have done something better than the prom especially after Bella was adamant on not going.