Piranesi by Susanna Clarke

“Piranesi” is a fantasy book written by Susanna Clarke which follows the main character Piranesi as he discovers the world around him, which isn’t what he knows it to be. He lives in a house with infinite halls, and The Other, is the only other person there. This book really kept me wanting more from the moment I started it. Clarke wrote the story in such a beautiful way, and the formatting made it even better. The book read like a journal, rather than having chapters. It was like if mythology met mystery. I think the ending really made it a five star read for me, because if Clarke had ended the book in a different way it would have negated Piranesi’s entire journey to become who he is now as a child of the house.

I would recommend this book to any fantasy lover because it’s not too complex, but it still has greatfantasy elementsy, and the writing is beautiful. I hope Clarke leaves this as a standalone because in my opinion it doesn’t need anything more, and anything else would ruin the perplexing feel that the book has surrounding it. In the end, I rated this book 5 stars and I haverecommendedd it to a few people since reading it.