Maid of the Kings Court

One main characters Eliza must marry a man of wealth and title. It’s the only fate for her, but things take a surprising turn. She becomes Maid of Honor to Anne of Cleves. Eliza is welcomed into the hard and struggling life of Henry the Eighth. Eliza try’s to follow her heart in a world ruled by powerful men. Many people make it challenging for Eliza like her cousin Katherine Howard, an ally in this place. Eliza transforms from a naïve girl who describes the king as having “exchanged” Anne Boleyn for a new wife to one intimately involved in the machinations of the court.

Reading this book It wasn’t one of my favorites i’ve read but it was a nice read and out of my comfort zones for books. This book is an older book based around the  Renaissance. It’s filled with romance, and history. I prefer books with emotion and teens not so much kings and queens. For being out of my comfort zone it showed me what I like and don’t prefer to read.

I recommend this book to anyone who likes Romance and history books. This book is around 1500 and filled with lots of History about life in the Renaissance times. This book also has some challenging battles like Elizas lifestyle changing. Although I didn’t prefer this type of novel I think a lot of people would love to read this it was a good read for being filled with history and kings and queens.