Fatal Throne: The Wives of Henry VIII Tell All by M.T. Anderson

Amazon.com: Fatal Throne: The Wives of Henry VIII Tell All: 9781524716196:  Anderson, M.T., Fleming, Candace, Hemphill, Stephanie, Sandell, Lisa Ann,  Donnelly, Jennifer, Park, Linda Sue, Hopkinson, Deborah: Books
“By changing a life, just one life, you can change the world. It is the only way anyone ever has.” (Anne of Cleves) – Jennifer Donnelly, Fatal Throne

King Henry VIII was a ruler controlled with his power as the king. There were six women. All of which six went through different scenarios, either divorce, death, or just simply an unwillingness of love. While the wives went through different changes, each of them survived by the power of the king. Jane was one of Henry’s first wives, but when she gave birth to their child she decided to leave him with Henry for the day. When she arrived back Henry had informed her the baby chocked and died. Henry was to invested in his royal power being known as king that it made him forget what kind of person he truly was without the royal label.

This book was filled with lots of suspense, however, it was not the best book I’ve read. This book was definitely a new style I’ve read, for it was around the Renaissance and it showed me it was not of my interest. The book was still a good book for those who may like the history during King VIII, but I prefer books with more emotion over war and power.

I recommend this book to those who are interested in learning more about the mid-1500s. This book was written in a journal form with the idea of each wife telling a story. Although it was not the best book to me, I do feel others can disagree on that and find enjoyment in reading it because we all have different styles of books we like.