Will Grayson, Will Grayson by John Green and David Levithan –Review

Ever wondered what it would be like to meet someone with the same exact name as you, first and last. If you think about it there are probably name doppelgangers all over the world. In this book Will Grayson, our main character(s) meet.
First, Greens ‘Will Grayson’ is the typical not quite normal, not quite popular quiet high school boy who is best friends with a guy named Tiny Cooper. The ironic thing about Tiny Cooper is, he’s the biggest guy at the school. This Will is an overthinker always thinking something could go wrong and doesn’t just dive into a situation. Will is the type of guy to observe little details about people, the way they bite their lips and the patches on the back of necks, he may find fond details about them like how they smell.

While, Levithan’s ‘Will Grayson’ the closeted homosexual, manic depression, and chic gothic type is soft-spoken and wholesome but always so sad and just a complex character. This Will takes a while to get to know but definitely has the biggest character development.
I think the author’s craft in this book is brilliant switching points of view, fonts, each chapter was perfectly timed. I enjoyed this book thoroughly although I don’t think it would be the same as an audiobook, reading, the old-fashioned way is strongly recommended. I do believe though, this book would make a brilliant tv series for teenagers, the perfect amount of twists and drama. The book even has a musical written by Tiny Cooper! Even the emotional poetry by Levithans Will.
I strongly recommend this book.