Five Feet Apart

“If I’m going to die, I’d like to actually live first. And then I’ll die.”

Five Feet Apart is a book about two teens dealing with cystic fibrosis (CF). Stella and Will the main characters basically live at the hospital. All they dream about is being able to live a normal life. With all the health issues they miss out on school trips, traveling, and hanging out with friends and family. Having CF they become good friends helping each other out with treatments, but with cystic fibrosis they have to stay 5 feet away from each other so they don’t cross contaminate. This is challenging for the two as they fall in love with one another. Stella has her life all together and organized she even made an app to help with timing for her medicine. On the other hand Will doesn’t take his treatments seriously but Stella changes him for the better and he starts doing treatments.

This book is an amazing read and has readers understand why life is worth living. if you like books about life changing obstacles and love triangles such as two people not being able to be together I’d recommend this read. as I read this book personally I felt trapped in the reading and did not want to put the book down. A neat thing in the book was every chapter was switched between Will or Stella with their story. I liked how it swapped roles each chapter instead of one person sharing someone else’s story.

3 thoughts on “Five Feet Apart”

1. I loved your review!!! The description alone pulled me in and made me want to read it. Cystic Fibrosis is definitely not something authors usually write about so I think that’s an interesting topic. I loved how open you were when you talked about how attached to the book you were and that made me want to read the book even more; I haven’t read a book that I couldn’t put down in a while. I also happen to loveeeeee love-triangles so this book sounds very appealing to me. Overall, nicely done!!! 🙂

2. I read Five Feet Apart a little while ago, and I completely agree with your review. I also found it to be a page-turner and a really amazing book. I think Five Feet Apart is especially relatable now with the current pandemic.

1. Annalise, great point! The pandemic has impacted the way I read and understand stories (and illness) in so many surprising ways.